Summary of Responsibilities:
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for maintaining the Company’s Raw Material and Supply Inventory levels to ensure uninterrupted production. The Purchasing Manager will accomplish this goal by negotiating and communicating with vendors and working with Production and Quality Management to ensure all materials for new and existing products meet NeilMed’s specifications at the best cost.
- Review system-generated Purchase Orders to ensure needed levels of SKUs will be met based on sales activity, sampling programs and lead times from vendors. Obtain approval from VP of Manufacturing, Finance and the CEO on all Purchase Orders.
- Maintain continuous communication with vendors from placing P.O., to receiving order confirmation, production scheduling confirmation, shipping ETA throughto timely delivery for production. Update status daily within the P.O. Tracker to allow other departments to inquire within the NetSuite system on the status.
- Follow up with the Graphics Department to ensure vendors have the necessary approved art work in advance of the vendors’ planned production requirements to avoid any production delays.
- Develop Material Specifications (MS) with the help of the Manufacturing Team and vendors.
- Lead efforts for supplier sourcing, qualifying, analysis and selection process for both existing SKUs and new components.
- Obtain Non-Disclosure Agreements, Quality Assurance Documents and Indemnification Agreements, as needed, from vendors to the best advantage of NeilMed with NeilMed maintaining ownership of designs, molds, etc.
- Obtain approval from CFO for vendor payment terms and credit limits.
- Obtain competitive bids for the transport of Raw Materials from overseas as well as domestic suppliers to ensure the lowest cost of transport with the best reliability.
- Assist in the sourcing of services and parts related to production activities and the maintenance of equipment.
- Address and resolve slow moving or obsolete inventory of Raw Materials to minimize the costs.
- Assist in the Physical Inventory Counts to resolve and minimize Inventory Adjustments.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by the VP of Manufacturing, CEO or company management.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, strong Excel and math skills, knowledge of international operations in a manufacturing environment and a good understanding of analytical models.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment (preferred consumer goods) working with international suppliers.
- Thorough understanding of component pricing methodologies and currency exchange rate impacts in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong negotiating skills with a highly ethical basis.
- Excellent Outlook, Word, Excel skills with knowledge of pivot tables.
- Professionalism and a confidential nature.
- Familiar with highly integrated ERP systems to upload and extract data; NetSuite knowledge a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to document processes and procedures.
- Highly organized with good accuracy and a strong attention to details.
- Ability to focus, anticipate needs and prioritize work within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently to meet goals with limited supervision.
Strong mental mathematical ability to calculate estimated numbers and percentages without a calculator.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line of the email.