The Purchasing Buyer is responsible for maintaining the Company’s raw material and supply inventory levels to ensure uninterrupted production by negotiating and communicating with vendors and working with Production and Quality Management to ensure all materials for new and existing products meet NeilMed’s specifications at the best cost.
• Monitor weekly inventory report and prepare needed purchase orders to ensure needed levels of SKUs will be met based on sales activity, sampling programs and lead times from vendors. Obtain approval from Quality/Production, Finance and the CEO on all purchase orders.
• Communicate with vendors from the time of placing the purchase order until order confirmation and ensure timely delivery for production. Provide updates and status daily through purchase order tracker in order to allow departments to track progress within the NetSuite system.
• Follow up with the graphics department to ensure vendors have the necessary approved art work in advance of the vendors’ planned production requirements to avoid any production delays.
• Develop material specifications with the assistance of Manufacturing and vendors.
• Lead efforts for supplier sourcing, qualifying, analysis and selection process for both existing SKUs and new components.
• Obtain non-disclosure agreements, quality assurance documents and indemnification agreements from vendors to ensure NeilMed's competitive advantage and ownership proprietary designs.
• Obtain approval from CFO for vendor payment terms and credit limits.
• Obtain competitive bids for the transport of raw materials from overseas as well as domestic suppliers to ensure the lowest cost of transport with the best reliability.
• Assist in the sourcing of services and parts related to production activities and the maintenance of equipment.
• Address and resolve slow moving or obsolete inventory of raw materials to minimize the costs.
• Assist in the physical inventory counts to resolve and minimize inventory adjustments.
• Perform other responsibilities as requested by company management.
• Thorough understanding of component pricing methodologies and currency exchange rate impacts in a manufacturing environment.
• Strong negotiating skills with a highly ethical basis.
• Excellent Outlook, Word, Excel skills with knowledge of pivot tables.
• Professionalism and a confidential nature.
• Familiar with highly integrated ERP systems to upload and extract data; NetSuite knowledge a plus.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to document processes and procedures.
• Highly organized with a strong attention to details.
• Ability to focus, anticipate needs and prioritize work within a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently to meet goals with limited supervision.
• Ability to calculate numbers and percentages mentally without a calculator.
Knowledge and Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, strong Excel and math skills, knowledge of international operations in a manufacturing environment and a good understanding of analytical models.
• Minimum of five years of demonstrated purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment working with international suppliers.
NeilMed offers Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage, we also have 401K plans and Life Insurance. Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave are all included in the first full year of employment.
1. Email your resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line of the email
2. Any questions or for more information please text or call #707.530.5256
NeilMed Pharmaceuticals is a leading manufacturer in nasal saline OTC products. We are committed to providing exceptional customer service and satisfaction. We ensure that our products meet the highest level of quality and safety standards. We are always looking for experienced, self motivated, hard working, and dependable individuals to join our rapidly growing company. Qualification requirements will vary depending upon the job you are applying for. We offer competitive salary and benefits.