SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Staff Accountant position must possess a strong understanding of GAAP reporting requirements and excellent Excel skills. He/she will have a general accounting understanding, which includes more than just accounting skills. Some experience completing monthly accounting close procedures and preparing monthly financial statements would be beneficial as well as a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and adapt within a rapidly changing environment.
- Prepare monthly accounting close and internal financial statements.
- Review & approve journal entries prepared by A/P Specialist related to expense accruals.
- Analyze the monthly financial statement results and provide explanations for any unusual items.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations of GL Balance Sheet accounts.
- Set-up and manage vendor master files and identify proper classification.
- Prepare journal entries to properly amortize Prepaid Expenses & other adjusting entries as needed.
- Prepare journal entries including interest expense accruals, allowance for doubtful accounts, payroll accruals, intercompany eliminations and other adjustments, etc. to fairly represent the company’s monthly financial results.
- Maintain all note schedules for the calculation of interest expense/interest income & verify to bank reports.
- Review weekly check-runs for accuracy and ensure proper sales tax is being charged.
- Prepare Seller-Central Reconciliations.
- Research and resolve bank reconciliations discrepancies.
- Assist in annual Bank Audits by preparing work papers and responding to questions from the Bank Auditor.
- Prepare outside salesforce monthly commission calculations.
- Maintain credit card payment custody and ensure proper documentation is captured.
- Prepare analyzes of various expense categories for management review.
- Keep up with FASB updates and analyze applicability to NeilMed.
- Provide training to A/P Specialist and serve as back-up for A/P Specialist during absences.
Complete ad-hoc requests and projects as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting with 3-5 years of solid accounting experience with general ledgers, financial statements, and financial reporting.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and accounting practices.
- Excellent Excel skills with knowledge of pivot tables.
- Keen ability to focus, anticipate needs, maintain close attention to detail, and prioritize work within a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiastic, positive, and collaborative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Professional, confidential and trustworthy.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently to meet goals with limited supervision.
- Skilled in preparing financial analysis, financial statements, and financial reports.
Accounting experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment is a plus.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.