USA, Santa Rosa, CA or Irvine, CA
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Staff Accountant position must possess a strong understanding of GAAP reporting requirements and excellent Excel skills. He/she will have a general accounting understanding, which includes more than just accounting skills. Some experience completing monthly accounting close procedures and preparing monthly financial statements would be beneficial as well as a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and adapt within a rapidly changing environment.
- Prepare monthly accounting close and internal financial statements.
- Review & approve journal entries prepared by A/P Specialist related to expense accruals.
- Analyze the monthly financial statement results and provide explanations for any unusual items.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations of GL Balance Sheet accounts.
- Set-up and manage vendor master files and identify proper classification.
- Prepare journal entries to properly amortize Prepaid Expenses & other adjusting entries as needed.
- Prepare journal entries including interest expense accruals, allowance for doubtful accounts, payroll accruals, intercompany eliminations and other adjustments, etc. to fairly represent the company’s monthly financial results.
- Maintain all note schedules for the calculation of interest expense/interest income & verify to bank reports.
- Review weekly check-runs for accuracy and ensure proper sales tax is being charged.
- Prepare Seller-Central Reconciliations.
- Research and resolve bank reconciliations discrepancies.
- Assist in annual Bank Audits by preparing work papers and responding to questions from the Bank Auditor.
- Prepare outside salesforce monthly commission calculations.
- Maintain credit card payment custody and ensure proper documentation is captured.
- Prepare analyzes of various expense categories for management review.
- Keep up with FASB updates and analyze applicability to NeilMed.
- Provide training to A/P Specialist and serve as back-up for A/P Specialist during absences.
Complete ad-hoc requests and projects as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting with 3-5 years of solid accounting experience with general ledgers, financial statements, and financial reporting.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and accounting practices.
- Excellent Excel skills with knowledge of pivot tables.
- Keen ability to focus, anticipate needs, maintain close attention to detail, and prioritize work within a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiastic, positive, and collaborative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Professional, confidential and trustworthy.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently to meet goals with limited supervision.
- Skilled in preparing financial analysis, financial statements, and financial reports.
Accounting experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment is a plus.
Preferable : Knowledge of Mexico GAAP, Netsuite, CPA or CPA Candidate
How to Apply
Please email resume to email@example.com
NeilMed Pharmaceuticals is a leading manufacturer in nasal saline OTC products. We are committed to providing exceptional customer service and satisfaction. We ensure that our products meet the highest level of quality and safety standards. We are always looking for experienced, self motivated, hard working, and dependable individuals to join our rapidly growing company. Qualification requirements will vary depending upon the job you are applying for. We offer competitive salary and benefits.